Friday, December 19, 2008

Gold I; or, Ish

For the past two days I’ve been feeling a gold rush coming on.

A yellow gold rush.

This is highly unusual for me, as I’ve been drawn to only white gold for some twenty odd years.

But this image on the cover of Selvedge has been mesmerizing me, so I’ve been imagining a hammered gold *something* in a rich, rich gold-ish color.

As I was out and about today, I popped into a chic little joint that I know to have a small but nicely edited assortment of jewelry.

A pair of small brushed/hammered-ish gold discs caught my eye and I bought them.

Here’s the uncanny part: when I returned home I researched the designer and learned that she does a collection for Calypso St. Barths (formerly Calypso Christiane Celle).

And you know how I feel about Calypso dresses.

So does this mean that I have a style, or something? Ish?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You definitely have a style, as indicated by your choices posted here on the blog! :D

(I've been feeling a bit of yellow gold leaning, too, which is unheardof for me. Not for 25 years have I had an interest.)

WendyB said...

That color makes me think of medieval illuminated books.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

In the last five years, I've shifted in my preference from white gold/platinum to yellow/rose gold. I chalk it up to my Indian friend's amazing jewelry. You can't beat Indian jewelry.