Saturday, August 9, 2008

Of Collars and Cuffs

I went by an old favorite yesterday, the Robert Lee Morris jewelry shop in Soho.

I first entered the shop some fifteen years ago, back when RLM was making hip jewelry for Donna Karan, back when I had a glorious young brindle bulldog named Marilla. Get the literary reference?

At Robert Lee Morris I outfitted Marilla with a sturdy brown leather collar, embellished with cool bronze studs (not spikes) and a feminine heart hanging from the buckle. I thought she should become a model (but that darn bulldog from Tea and Sympathy was getting all the jobs!).

No collar this time, but two RLM hammered silver cuffs will always intrigue me. Kind of like the ivory cuffs that that other great acronym, DV, used to wear—or like the armfuls of Nancy Cunard African bangles.




Woof! if you agree.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I remember going to that store soooo long ago. Time flies!

K.Line said...

These are awesome over a slim black turtleneck sleeve. So that's a woof.

Deborah said...

Definitely woof. In fact woof woof.