Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting Personal


Married SWF seeks gorgeous black fall/winter shoe for day-to-night wear.

Must be flexible enough to flit between pencil skirts and cropped black trousers.

Indeed you will be a heel, but please make sure that you are not more than four inches long. Height matters. A covered platform is welcome, though.

Super feminine shoes need not apply; I’m looking for an edgy, yet versatile fit.

Of course you should have a sole. I’m not partial to treads, but your sole should be thick enough that I don’t have to drag you to the cobbler on our first date, thin enough to be smart.

I’ve been seeking you for months now and, though I’m smitten with your cousin, the open-toe sandal bootie, fall is here and I’m looking for some warmth.

So, dear potential solemate, send me your photo tout de suite and we’ll set up a fitting.

Only serious inquiries, please.

10 comments:

K.Line said...

Ha! Don't we all need a solemate :-)

WendyB said...

True love, shoe love. Same difference.

M said...

I could use a solemate as well. Problem is, my feet don't fall in love with beautiful shoes as easily as I do.

Unknown said...

Ha! Love it! Keep us informed on any responses....

Mardel said...

Ah shoe love. We all need a good solemate and they seem so hard to find at the moment.

Elizabeth said...

Louboutin wishes it could have a chance, but with a ridiculously high heel, it knows it won't get past your threshold.

Angie Muresan said...

Falling in love is easy, but a true solemate is hard to find.

Couture Carrie said...

Love this post, darling! Hope you find your dream mate(s)!

xoxox,
CC

La Belette Rouge said...

Have you tried E-shoe-harmony.com?

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

LOL! Very clever.

What about YSL? I've never regretted buying their shoes--platform, 4 inches, versatile...they're the everyday/ everymoment shoe.