Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Three Gorgeous Girls

In the spirit of a weekly news roundup, here’s my take on the New York Times’ style section, both this week’s and last:

Did you read today’s story on baby joggers? I had two, a single seater and a double seater, which I used when I wanted to run.

But much better than the baby jogger was my wonderful Simo stroller, from Norway, with tall, thick wheels for snow, a detachable bassinet, and a luggage rack. And a baby, too, though she was not a gift with purchase.

The Times also reported on the resurgence of Robert Lee Morris, best known to me for his collaborations with Donna Karan in the 1990s. I liked his work then, so much so that I bought my beloved bulldog Marilla a studded Morris collar from his Soho shop.

Here’s Marilla, in her flirtacious pose, showing off the collar a little. There’s also a plump little brass heart charm hanging from it, but that’s hidden under Rilly’s delightful folds.


Did anyone mention Cowboy Kate last week in the Times? I have my own cowgirl at home, my middle daughter, who took her older sister’s boots (bought in Fort Worth, Texas) when she was three and wore them as hipwaders. Such anticipation of Prada fall 2010.


Back to our regular programming tomorrow.

9 comments:

K.Line said...

Such cuties. Show us some recent photos - maybe with you in the middle! :-)

WendyB said...

Adorable!

LPC said...

So you're telling me that lavender is the color for this fall, right?

Angie Muresan said...

Miss Cavendish stop tantalizing us with all these far away and profile pics of your beauties! Show us a few close up now, would you?

ADG said...

Little Girls....sublime...indeed.

ADG

Belle de Ville said...

Love the little cowgirl in the lavendar boots.

Elizabeth said...

If this is how you diverge, I'm all for it. :)

I love the regular programming, and these little blips.

materfamilias said...

So cute! Bulldogs are such great examples of jolie laide. Your daughters are examples of jolie. And now I want a pair of lavender cowboy boots. . .

La Belette Rouge said...

I adore how you mix high fashion with the kind of cuteness that inspires one to talk in the baby talk voice.