Monday, December 7, 2009

Selv Indulgent; or: Miss C in Selvedge Magazine encore une fois

Today I received my hard copy of Selvedge magazine, in the mail, from London.

I do hope you’ll indulge my punning and posturing, as it was a true thrill to see my article (and name!) in print in one of my very favorite magazines.

Equally exciting was to discover a reference to my piece in the Editor’s note, called “Bias,” and, as you’ll see above, a blurb from my blog on a page devoted to bloggers who love Selvedge.

Here’s a larger version, in case the collage doesn’t transmit well:



I’ve written about Selvedge in these virtual pages numerous times, long before having any writerly association with the magazine, so you can be assured that the sentiment was—and continues to be—genuine.

But don’t take my word for it! Selvedge is an independently owned magazine, treasured by those who love textiles for its keen eye and luxurious presentation. By the way, Selvedge is, in terms of height, about half the size of other magazines, so, if you’re looking through the racks, look down!

Copies should be going on display on December 14.

8 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Posture all you want! Congratulations Miss Cavendish! Will have to get my hands on a copy of it as soon as it's available.

WendyB said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Silent Storyteller said...

Congratulations... Definately on the top of my list of favourite magazines!!! I love love love your blog too...

~kristie~ said...

congrats!
www.thesocietyofstyle.com

Make Do Style said...

Oh so fab! I will look low and hard.

Mary-Laure said...

The bliss - to receive something in the mail from London! to see your name in one of your favorite publications!
Congrats to you!

K.Line said...

OK, I'm glad to know it's not out yet because I've been looking for it and I couldn't find it. Very excited to see the mag - and your article, natch!

Null said...

Dear god, Miss C. I 've got to get myself down to Bryant park and pick a copy up. I would if it weren't so disastrous outside.

I'm still dealing with my Basel art haze. It was a fabulous event to see, btw, if you can ever attend.

Now, I need to get my hands on your art.