Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tecnica Skandia: Apres Ski Boots

Today I was happy to don my Tecnica Skandia boots and clomp around.

There’s no snow, which is just fine, because these boots are really designed for après ski, for sitting around a large lodge fireplace, drinking hot somethings, warming rosy cheeks, and comparing slopes.

But if you’re me, you would stick to the cross-country trails. I love to race, having been a member of my boarding school’s cross-country ski team, and the gentle slopes that give one’s quads a quick rest are just fine.




I’m also wearing a palomino-colored fitted puffer, in a rare nod to---oh I can’t even write it! You know: the MM phrase. So please just imagine it.




But the retro image far above and below? That's a bit how I feel today, sans snow, of course. I hope we get, in the immortal words of a New York Post headline from years gone by, a S’Noel.*



*The NYP didn’t apostrophize, but I edited here for contextual clarity.

3 comments:

K.Line said...

Gorgeous boots! And maybe the NYP didn't apostrophize because it was going for the "snow" pun? Works better your way.

Miss Cavendish said...

Hi K.Line--The NYP didn't need to apostrophize b/c it had a great photo of a fresh Xmas Eve snowfall to accompany the headline. But since my pun was at the very end of my post, without a snowy image (alas), I went for the more explicative (instead of expletive!) pun.

Belle de Ville said...

I love those boots, I have some just like them, but an earlier model. Alas, I gave up skiing about 10 years ago...which means I gave up apres ski too! But I still have the boots...