Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Black-and-Tanicure

To my mind, a black-and-tan is something to order from Chumley's, the late, great Village joint with the secret entry.

But August's Vogue shows Karlie Kloss wearing a black-and-tan manicure, with some definitely pointy filed tips.

Would gentle readers try this black-and-tanicure for fall, with or without the long points?


**If you want a piece of Chumley's, Rick Kelly at Carmine Street Guitars is making knotty-pine telecasters from that fabled speakeasy's wood.

And if you want the black-and-tanicure, it was done by Yuna Park at Streeters.

5 comments:

Susan B said...

Probably no to the black and tan, but most definitely NO to the pointy nails.

materfamilias said...

I'm not keen on manicures at all, and def. NOT a fan of pointed nails. Love me a black and tan, though, although I generally prefer the Guinness straight. The term reminds me of times in Yorkshire, visiting the rellies

Katherine said...

Black and Tan has another meaning in British/Irish history:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/irelands-war-of-independence-the-chilling-story-of-the-black-and-tans-475005.html

I didn't know it was also a drink!

Miss Cavendish said...

Oh dear, oh dear! The black and tan I know is made by layering dark beer (usually Guinness) with a pale ale. . .

WendyB said...

I love it and am loving pointy nails too. I told my manicurist that she has to glue some tips on to me one of these days -- I have to experience it at least once!