Friday, July 15, 2011

Backward Bedlingtons: Miu Miu Pink and Sparkly Gold Heels 2011

Miu Miu has created a fantastic new heel that looks to me exactly like a Backward Bedlington.

(Bedlington is what I named the shoe silhouette designed by Alexander McQueen.  It reminds me of a Bedlington terrier.)  I've blogged about the Bedlingtons herehere, here, and here.  And here they are:



Up top: the Backward Bedlingtons on their glorious own.

Below: on the runway.


And finally, on 15-year-old Hailee Steinfeld, who was born the year I began working in publishing.  Sigh.


The name Backward Bedlington kind of reminds me of the character named Wrongway Feldman from Gilligan's IslandSherwood Schwartz, the creator of GI, made some of my favorite childhood shows.  I hope that teens from Hailee's generation had the opportunity to watch some of them.

3 comments:

Susan B said...

Well, I like the backward Bedlingtons better than the forward Bedlingtons, but couldn't see myself wearing either. Pretty color pink, though.

Belle de Ville said...

I love the soft salmon pink color and I appreciate the sculptural element of the shoe but I wouldn't buy them.

WendyB said...

Ha ha! You called it again. You're the Bedlington expert!