Sunday, September 28, 2008

Green Acres; Blueberry Beer

Last night I ate dinner in a most unusual place: on the green acreage of an organic farm.

And I wasn’t alone. Some 100 guests and I dined at outdoor tables set with white linen and china, decorated with cups of basil and wildflowers, in an event comparable to those planned by Outstanding in the Field.

Chefs came to prepare delicious dishes made from the farm’s own fresh organic ingredients; a microbrewer provided a different drink for each of the six courses (the bluberry-enhanced beer was my favorite).

I wore a jade (called Nile, but a much prettier color than this photo) shot-silk Christiane Celle wrap Julia dress with simple pewter sandals.

It was a wonderful green evening.

7 comments:

K.Line said...

That sounds just amazing. Was it chilly?

K.Line said...

OK, just read more on the link you provided and I SO want to do this. I love the whole idea. Was it awesome?? Did you bring your kids or was it a fun date with your husband? I wonder if they ever come to Canada. I'm going to have to email them.

WendyB said...

Sounds lovely for people who don't have allergies!

Miss Cavendish said...

K.Line,

It turned chilly only after dessert (the dinner was 4 hours long and dessert began around 7:30). I went with my photog. girlfriend and we had a lovely evening sans husbands!

WendyB,

I can usually rival anyone for early spring allergies, but I'm fine in early fall. So all the meadow-y stuff was fine!

Elizabeth said...

That sounds great. I am way too late in my area, but maybe next time.

What a superb idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I completely agree with the ladies: This sounds like a magnificent way to spend an evening.

Couture Carrie said...

Blueberry beer sounds divine!!

xoxox,
CC