Saturday, September 13, 2008

Twin Feathers


Sometimes I’ll take note of the shops that are featured on What Not to Wear and go for a virtual browse.

This afternoon I visited Intermix and was struck by an image on its homepage: a delicate yet very urban blue-green feather skirt.

And I was even more surprised to see that it was by Elizabeth and James, the Olsen girls’ line.

I’m no advocate of celebrity designers, but I’d like to take a closer look at this skirt.

Any New Yorkers who want to bring it on a test run and report back?!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'd be interested to know about how this skirt does, too. I'm very curious about the Olsen girls' two lines.

Miss Cavendish said...

The skirt has a rock 'n roll vibe, enc, so you could absolutely carry it off!

WendyB said...

I like the Elizabeth and James line, though their feather vest didn't suit me at all.

Miss Cavendish said...

So Wendy, you weren't able to feather your vest, but I'll bet this skirt would work for you . . .

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

I saw this exact skirt at Saks, and I thought that it was a) pretty and expensive-looking; b) impossible to clean. It does remind me a lot of Burberry Prorsum's line, but it's a piece that you can't wear to death. It would eventually fall apart.

Miss Cavendish said...

Thanks so much for your insights, Thumbelina. If I were to pay over $700 for a skirt, I'd hope that I could wear it for years to come . . . The Burberry, which gives that wonderful feathered look (I'm planning another post on it soon) sounds like the better buy, unless one can afford to enjoy disposable designer clothes.