Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oui! for Sui

Truly I had no desire to think about next spring/summer until I saw Anna Sui’s 2009 collection.

Sui has been the back of my mind for quite a while. I own one piece, which I bought from her Soho shop in 1993: it’s a pistachio-colored pleather jacket in a funky lab-coat shape, with covered buttons.

I wore it many a spring and, even though the pleather is now cracked and relegated to my closet, I can’t throw it out because it reminds me of some early happy trips to Soho.

In recent years, though, although I always pop in to Sui’s shop, I haven’t been interested in her line. Her outrageous prints and shapes had become a little cliche, in my opinion, and needed to be refreshed.

Sui has done just that. Although I’m not fond of her St. Pauli girl looks, I’m loving her Mexican-inspired embroidered sheaths and her raffia sandals. Here are some of my favorite pieces:

Just a few inches longer, please, before it hits the shops!


The Erickson Beamon jewelry makes this dress less bare, more wearable for day:



I can't wait to see these sandals:



Love the colors and the fringe detail at the bottom:


I'd like the scarf (worn here as belt) from this ensemble:



Just perfect for the beach:

When's spring, again?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I agree with you, miss cav. This collection is the first one to which I could relate in a long time. The colors and prints are very fresh.

Anonymous said...

Those are some LUSCIOUS color combos.

Songy said...

Yep, that is the collection for me. Lucky I will get to try right now! I just have to look out for right colours and all trimmings.