Friday, September 19, 2008

Of Pailettes and Power

To my mind, Christopher Kane’s fall 2008 collection was a cross between Grendel’s mother and Nessie, what with the seaweed green pailettes dripping everywhere. And this handsome young Scotsman would know both those lassies well, I’d hope.



For spring 2009, Kane has continued with the pailette embellishment, but turned it from a shiny, tiny disc into leather (and fabric, I think) of all sizes.

On skirts:




On jackets and trousers:


On jackets and skirts:



On tunics:



On teeny dresses:



Of course, the image everyone’s talking about is the angry(?) monkey t-shirt, à la Planet of the Apes, which is also an extension of his "natural woman" theme, if I’ve read his earlier collection properly.




This would be an interesting shirt to wear to a meeting, no?


Boss Man: "Miss Jones, would you take the minutes, please?"


Ms. Jones: "Let me just take off my jacket."

(Ms. Jones gets promoted to CEO.)

9 comments:

Songy said...

LOL

The entire collection would have been great to watch at the show.

WendyB said...

Love the pants. I need more 3D pants.

Elizabeth said...

I love the Miss Jones scenario! :)

I also love the fishscale effect of the paillettes' evolution.

Paul Pincus said...

i loved this collection! he's truly brilliant. saint martins, of course ; )

Anonymous said...

I adore these looks. Femme-y but not frilly. Miss C, are you saying your not a pailette fan?

Miss Cavendish said...

I LOOOVE pailettes. And Christopher Kane.

La Belette Rouge said...

All the petals remind me of macarons form Laduree in Paris. They sort of make me hungry. I do not need pants that make me hungry. I need pants that make me not hungry.;-)

SOS! said...

The Christopher Kane show is so far one of my favorites for S/S 09!

FAPORT International said...

Beautiful models, very nice outfits, love this blog, very nice...interesting :-)